This compact field guide is filled with descriptions and illustrations of more than 820 resident and neotropical migrant species found in the diverse habitats of Costa Rica.
- Concise text describing key field marks, habitat, behavior, and vocalizations.
- 166 original color plates including more than 820 bird species
- Full color illustrations include plumage differences among males, females, and juveniles (with view of birds in flight whenever pertinent)
- Range maps and text arranged on opposing pages from illustrations provide quick, easy reference.
- Visual guide and explanation of the anatomical features of birds
- Quick reference to vultures and raptors in flight
- Paperback, 416 pages
This guide, from Zona Topical Publications, was written by Richard Garrigues and Rober Dean. Illustrated by Robert Dean.