This Focus Guide, with its revolutionary new method of illustration and clear focus on the essentials, is filled with a wealth of information:
- More than 2000 photographs have been selected and digitally edited to show exactly how to recognize each bird.
- Vivid descriptions capture each bird's key markings, habits, habitat, and voice.
- Clear, simple, and efficient organization shows similar birds together, and you can see all the information you need at a glance.
- Color keys make it easy to find the right group.
- Range maps show where and when to see each bird throughout the year.
LE Kuck from Dayton, OH
This is my "go to" guide for birding. Kenn is so knowledgeable about birds and is able to describe the subject species in a way that makes identification much easier than some other guides. I especially like the layout of the bird's range maps on the left pages and the bird descriptions on the right. Very helpful when the bird in question might not generally be found in your area.