A top field guide choice for many birders, the Kaufman Field Guide to Birds of North America features digitally retouched photography that enhances field markings with the precision of artistic drawings. This guide includes all the resident and migratory birds of North America and organizes avian families in color-coded sections. User-friendly features include descriptions and range maps on pages facing relevant photographs, a sturdy cover and binding that holds up to hard use, plus an index with check boxes to record a life list. The comprehensive information and compact size make this an excellent guide for use in the field or backyard bird watching.
- Complete listing of every bird species found regularly in North America
- Clear, vibrant, digital images based on photos for accurate and lifelike illustrations
- Species arranged by appearance so that similar birds are close together for easy comparison
- Informative text describes the habitat, behavior, and identification of every bird
- Detailed range maps show where each bird is common or rare
- Illustrations, maps, and text are all visible at a glance in facing-page format
- Pictorial Table of Contents makes it easy for first-time birders to put each bird in the right group
- Color tabs help with navigating to the right section
- One-page index in the back makes it easy to quickly look things up
- Full index doubles as a checklist for tallying your life list
Looking for customer feedback about Eagle Optics? Click here to see what others are saying!
LE Kuck from Dayton, OH
This is my "go to" guide for birding. Kenn is so knowledgeable about birds and is able to describe the subject species in a way that makes identification much easier than some other guides. I especially like the layout of the bird's range maps on the left pages and the bird descriptions on the right. Very helpful when the bird in question might not generally be found in your area.